Rayshawn Jenkins is a name that has been making waves in the football world, especially among the Los Angeles Chargers fans. He is a safety for the team and has been consistently showing his exceptional skills and abilities on the field. In this article, we will take a closer look at the inspiring journey of Rayshawn Jenkins Chargers, from his humble beginnings to becoming a rising star in the NFL.
Early Life and Career
Rayshawn Jenkins was born on June 25, 1994, in St. Petersburg, Florida. He attended Admiral Farragut Academy in St. Petersburg, where he played high school football. After graduating in 2012, he went on to play college football at the University of Miami. In his four years at Miami, Jenkins played in 44 games and recorded 200 tackles, 8 interceptions, and 3 forced fumbles.
- Started 37 of 44 games played at Miami
- Named to the All-ACC Third Team in 2015
- Recorded 4 interceptions in his senior year
Rayshawn Jenkins Chargers journey in the NFL started in 2017 when he was selected by the Los Angeles Chargers in the fourth round of the NFL draft. In his rookie year, he played in 14 games and recorded 14 tackles and 1 pass deflection.
- Played in all 16 games
- Recorded 23 tackles, 1 interception, and 3 passes deflected
- Started in all 16 games
- Recorded 47 tackles, 2 interceptions, and 5 passes deflected
- Started in 15 out of 16 games played
- Recorded 84 tackles, 2 interceptions, and 6 passes deflected
- Selected as the AFC Defensive Player of the Week in Week 9